Automatically assessing answers
For each question in an assignment with grading, there is an Assessment tab. Here you can change some setting and you can add action. With these actions you can automatically compute the score for the question or you can compute useful information that the teacher or TA can use when assessing the question. The following assessment actions are available:
- Scoring action. This action is particularly meant for computing score. It is similar to the simple feedback action. You provide a condition. When this condition is satisfied (true) the score is set to the indicated score expression. Also an optional motivation can be provided that is shown in the report to explain this score. In the score expression you can put any expression you want. In particular you can use the variable score in it. So for example, to increase the score with 10, as expression use score+10.
- Simple action. This action is the same as the simple feedback action. However, in this case the feedback is given to the teacher when assessing, not to the student. So this action does not compute a score but can be used to help the teacher or TA with assessing the question.
- Code action. This action is the same as the code action for feedback. But you can change the score in it. In the qf object there is now a score property that is the current score. In the code you can inspect and change this value. So you could e.g. write qf.score += 10; Such a code action can be used to have full control over analyzing the answer and computing the score. When you assign a string to qf.feedback, this is show to the teacher when assessing the question.
- Unit test action (for code questions). This action is the same as the unit test action for feedback. However you can use it to compute a score based on such test results. See the help on using unit tests for assessment.
- Database action (for database questions). This action is the same as the database action for feedback.
- Cloud check action. This action is the same as the cloud check action for feedback but you can use the score property in the qf object to inspect and change the score.
- Web hook action. This action is the same as the web hook action for feedback but you can use the score property in the qf object to inspect and change the score.