When a student has made an assignment, the student submits it. At that moment the teacher can inspect it and assess it by giving a rating, comments, or a sticker. To see submissions and do assessments, go to the Submissions sub-page by clicking on it in the left panel for the course.
You are now shown a list of all submissions. For each submission you can see the student, when it was submitted, what assignment and module it is, and the rating, comment, and sticker you have given (if any). When you click on a submission you are shown the report of the submission, including the assignment, the answers, and the possibility to give a rating, comment, and/or sticker.
The number of submissions can become huge when there are many students and many assignments. So we have provided extensive functionality to filter this list. These filers can be defined at the top of the list. Default you have two filters:
- You can indicate whether you also want to see submissions that already have an assessment (rating, comment, and/or sticker). If you are going to assess work, you probably want to switch this off, to only see the submissions you still need to look at.
- You can indicate whether you also want to see submissions that don't need assessment. Again, when doing assessments you probably want to switch this off. Whether submissions of an assignment need assessment can be changed in the assignment settings. You can also indicate this for individual submissions in the report. This is in particular useful if you want TAs to do the assessments.
To add further filters, press the Add filter button at the right. You can now select any combination of three types of filters:
- Filter by module. A filter is added in which you can select for which modules you want to see the submissions. In the list you can remove modules by clicking on them. If there are more modules than can be shown, there is a +XX indication. Click on it to also see the other modules. Click on the drop-down icon at the right to get a list of all available modules, such that you can select the ones you want to see. Click the delete icon at the right to remove the filter.
- Filter by assignment. A filter is added in which you can select for which assignments you want to see the submissions. The filter works the same way as for modules. If you already added a filter on modules you are only shown the assignments in those modules.
- Filter by student. You can now select one or multiple student of which you want to see the submissions.
You can also sort the submissions on most fields by clicking on the header of the corresponding column in the list. And you can also search for particular submissions using the search field.
For example, if you want to assess all submissions of a particular assignment, add a filter for that assignment and disable the showing of submissions with assessment. You will now only see the submissions you need to assess. You can now sort them on submission date (by clicking on that header) to handle them in order of submission.